Sunday 24 February 2013

Things Get in the Way


Life gets in the way of hobbies.  There, I said it.  Most of you were thinking it, but you didn't want to say it.  It isn't the adult thing to do.  Hobbies are supposed to come after everything else in life, not the other way around.

Perhaps that is true......but I don't always think that way.

In a perfect world my hobbies would be my job.  There would be a way for my hobbies to support me, and fund themselves in the process.  By the way, if you think that is what this blog is for, you'd be partly right.  Someday, someday far in the future, I might have enough readers that this blog makes money..... but that isn't the case right now.  Right now, this blog is more like writing practice.  It would be wonderful if it became more than that, but I don't know if or when that will ever happen.

Besides that necessary evil called work, life is full of things that take the hobbyist away from the hobbies.  Household chores, inside and out, are a huge impediment to getting down to hobbies.  If clean clothes and dishes are not a big priority, perhaps some more hobby time could be squeezed in.  Of course, here in the Great White North, if you don't shovel, you won't be able to leave..... perhaps that could lead to more hobby time.

Most of you, have other responsibilities that eat away at hobby time.  If not responsibilities, there are other things to get in the way.  Today is the Daytona 500.  Anybody who likes modeling cars, might want to watch the race.  Take those hours out of the hobby time.  It has been said many times, something's got to give.

I want to hear from anyone who reads this blog.  How do you set aside time to pursue your hobbies?  What gets in your way?

No comments:

Post a Comment