Thursday 29 November 2012

Latest Nanoblocks


My most recent Nanoblock adventure involved the Empire state building kit.  It seems like I am pretty addicted to these things.  I have built quite a few of them now and I am hoping they continue to put out new sets regularly.  Of course, if they gain the same kind of fame that Lego has, with their small size they could put out some amazing things.

At first, I wasn't attracted to this kit.  I had plans to tackle the Big Ben kit or the Itsukushima Shrine kit first.  Unfortunately, those kits have not appeared in Canada yet. I have seen them for sale on the US Amazon site, but being shipped from Japan they have a heavy price tag.  That being said, I am not sure how long I can resist the urge to buy them.

What's in the box
Having had a bit of time to think about it, I decided to go back and reconsider this kit.  I like architectural models, and the building is quite iconic..... so after a short deliberation I decided that I would build this kit.  I am glad I did, because it turned out quite nicely.

It wasn't particularly difficult, and actually since most of the floors are identical it got a little monotonous at times.  However, it was good building fun.

If you haven't tried Nanoblocks, you should give them a try.  The small parts make it challenging sometimes, and the results are usually quite good.  I also suspect that there are going to be some amazing kits released in the near future.



I included this one because I liked the shadow




1 comment:

  1. Yes I also get a gift from My elder Bro and this is Nano Block Mini and he get it from at PIJ, now I passed all day long with making different shapes with my blocks. I am a true fan of Lego and Blocks And now try to make Eiffel tower as well as Burj Dubai :D
    Thanks for your nice blog.
    http://bit.ly/nanoblock-mania

    ReplyDelete